This is a 600GB RAID6 array in degraded mode across 2x300GB PATA IDE drives, one partition as /dev/md0, ext3 file system. Formats ok. Files wrote to it ok (about 75% full). A few dozen out of a few thousand of files have a bad md5sum when compared to original on an 400GB SATA disc with NTFS or FAT32 (formatted in Linux). So far when running md5sum on the files, 2 files (maybe more as I proceed) enter a D state (uninterruptable), but there's no disc I/O, no activity, and the process hangs indefinitely, even if the parent is killed. If I try to md5sum the file again, hang. If I reboot and try, hang. It's consistent which files it hangs on, so far only 2. Ideas? When I finish moving data from SATA to PATA then I will bring the SATA drives in to the array.
I run a command sequence such as this to generate md5sums, then diff source and target MD5SUM files:
cd /mnt/md0/path1
find path2/dir -print0 | xargs -0 -n 1 md5sum >> /mnt/md0/MD5SUM.md0_path2_dir.md5 2> /dev/null &
tail -f /mnt/md0/MD5SUM.md0_path2_dir.md5 &
Any ideas?

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00
VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67
Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller
$499.99