-
HD not mounted
I'm booting Knoppix on an old Laptop, it's bios can only see HDs up to approx 6G. The fitted HD is 20G, to circumvent the bios limitation I use a driver supplied with the Seagate drive. The drive has 2 FAT32 partitions on it with the bootmanager from W2k, W98 is the primary OS.
Knoppix doesn't mount the HD, I can't remember if the bios limitation of only being able to see HDs up to a certain size applies to Linux or not.
There are 2 ways to boot from a CD on my laptop, one is after the Seagate driver has loaded, the other before the driver loads. I tried both, neither method causes the HD to be mounted when booting Knoppix.
Any tips on this?
-
I think by memory from last summer when I tried a number of live CD's, that Knoppix is specifically designed not to mount the HD. That's why it's called a Live CD. Is there an icon for the HD? If so, try right-clicking on that icon, and see if there is a menu comes up which allows you to mount read only. If so, then once mounted, next right-cllick will let you change to write mode.
Since this is by memory and I did a number of live CD's, it may well be that I am thinking of another Live CD. Try it for yourself.
If you have already tried this, please accept my apology for misunderstanding you.
Similar Threads
-
By redcrayon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 12:43 AM
-
By Paradox in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 07:34 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 12:36 AM
-
By arthur in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-04-2003, 01:54 PM
-
By Plip in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95

Intel Core Ultra 5 250K Plus Desktop Processor - 18 cores (6P+12E) LGA 1851
$189.99