Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: need to restart Linux after running klick-cmg-install

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2

    need to restart Linux after running klick-cmg-install

    Hey ppl, how're ya?

    When I ran klick-cmg-install, I didn't know that it merely tries to add some lines to fstab and then make the /tmp/app directory as 0777. So, I expected it to run the program for me, and it didn't, and so I ran it several times, resulting in having those lines multiple times in my fstab and ....

    what I wana mention is that wasn't it better if you echoed some message like you should restart your system for klick to work? It writes entries into fstab, so, it should be restarted to take effect, right?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15
    no need to restart your system, just your browser.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    FLA
    Posts
    1

    reboot

    I installed klik 3 or 4 times and it would not work, but then after I rebooted it worked fine.

    Now I have to check fstab for extra entries, but klik does NOT work no matter how many times you reinstall and restart Firefox (until a full reboot).

    Also, what the heck is this mysterious ALT-F2? Is that a Firefox command? Which window should have focus because ALT-F2 does nothing I can see. Of course I'm running Fluxbox and sometimes Rox under Vector 5.1 standard........ So maybe it's a KDE command. I dunno.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    On all distributions I have tried so far, no reboot is neccessary.

    Greetings,
    probono

Similar Threads

  1. Klick client failed to install
    By kpfuser in forum Klik
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 09:52 AM
  2. how to uninstall klick from my home directory?
    By agr in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 11:26 PM
  3. Dialup User, New to klick- questions
    By sb73542 in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 11:06 AM
  4. WiFi Card goes bye-bye on HD install restart
    By dallas7 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2004, 01:36 PM
  5. HD install - laptop restart problem
    By rctRO in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-08-2003, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth picture

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth

$39.99



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked) picture

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)

$18.99



Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked) picture

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)

$17.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95