As always you post a nice how-to but apparently I was unaware that people were having trouble with adduser.
I don't know how many of you have been annoyed with not being able to create your own user when you install to the hard drive as I was but I have succeded in changing the install to have your own user instead of the default knoppix user after the install completes. The steps required to do this are documented in the Hd Install User Change How To so anybody interested may want to check it out. As always this worked for me YMMV.
As always you post a nice how-to but apparently I was unaware that people were having trouble with adduser.
Stephen,
Great work. Couldn't this be put to use in the hdinstall script itself? This is one of the things that really bugs me about doing a Knoppix hdinstall. Perhaps you should try posting this to the developers list and see what happens. This is REALLY something that should be done automatically at install.
aay- adduser didn't work for you either? Huh- how did I get so lucky every time I installed? I know I've installed at least four versions and never had any problems. Also some folks I spoke w/ via email had no problems with it. I dunno..........Originally Posted by aay
Thanks, that's what I always thought and I don't see any reason why it could not be included with the magic them boys pull off in those scripts it can't be too hard to make changes in about 15 lines in three files. It's probably just a case of missing the obvious.Originally Posted by aay
You now only have to modify the knx-hdinstall script itself.
i had no issues... I think a better thing to change would be that you can only install to 1 partion, unlike most distros....

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA
$325.00
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99
Dell Precision 3561 8 Core i7 11th 16GB 512SSD NVIDIA Quadro T1200 W11 Grade A-
$473.87
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00