-
Senior Member
registered user
HD Install User Change How To
I don't know how many of you have been annoyed with not being able to create your own user when you install to the hard drive as I was but I have succeded in changing the install to have your own user instead of the default knoppix user after the install completes. The steps required to do this are documented in the Hd Install User Change How To so anybody interested may want to check it out. As always this worked for me YMMV.
-
Senior Member
registered user
As always you post a nice how-to but apparently I was unaware that people were having trouble with adduser.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Stephen,
Great work. Couldn't this be put to use in the hdinstall script itself? This is one of the things that really bugs me about doing a Knoppix hdinstall. Perhaps you should try posting this to the developers list and see what happens. This is REALLY something that should be done automatically at install.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
aay
This is one of the things that really bugs me about doing a Knoppix hdinstall.
aay- adduser didn't work for you either? Huh- how did I get so lucky every time I installed? I know I've installed at least four versions and never had any problems. Also some folks I spoke w/ via email had no problems with it. I dunno..........
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
aay
Stephen,
Great work. Couldn't this be put to use in the hdinstall script itself? This is one of the things that really bugs me about doing a Knoppix hdinstall. Perhaps you should try posting this to the developers list and see what happens. This is REALLY something that should be done automatically at install.
Thanks, that's what I always thought and I don't see any reason why it could not be included with the magic them boys pull off in those scripts it can't be too hard to make changes in about 15 lines in three files. It's probably just a case of missing the obvious.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Updated How To
You now only have to modify the knx-hdinstall script itself.
-
Senior Member
registered user
i had no issues... I think a better thing to change would be that you can only install to 1 partion, unlike most distros....
Similar Threads
-
By Wavform in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 03:44 AM
-
By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 04:09 PM
-
By jmpereira in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 11:45 PM
-
By Nomad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2003, 07:08 AM
-
By Guest in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-22-2002, 04:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

Mix Lot of 7 sticks 8GB 1Rx8 PC4 - 3200AA/1Rx8 - PC4 2400T - 6 Samsung/1 SKhynix
$300.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SK hynix 128GB (2x64GB) DDR4 288-Pin DIMM PC4-2666V RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N
$250.00

Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory
$2150.00

NMA1XXD128GPS Intel Optane 1X128GB DDR4 PC4-21300 DCPMM Persistent Server Memory
$75.00

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99