-
Finding HDD on Knoppix
Hi,
I currently running Knoppix from a CD to recover some files from my hd. I usaly uses Windows, but it wont start up, and I need to backup some of my files.
After loading and starting Knoppix in firesave, only way that it would start, i cant find my hd. In root commandline I type fdisk /dev/hda and it says The number of cylinders for this disk is set to 4864. etc etc etc. So it seems like its abel to accees the hd, but how can I find the files on it?In the Storage Media folder, it can only find CDROM and Floppy.
Please help me, how can I find hd?
Sorry about the bad english,
Best Regards.
Sondre
Similar Threads
-
By JStevenson in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 12
Last Post: 07-19-2009, 03:39 PM
-
By tsherlin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-23-2008, 08:43 PM
-
By Hedge in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-15-2005, 04:48 PM
-
By macstrat in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 11:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75