Quote Originally Posted by jacksonon
I am having the same problem, I have a Broadcom 440x modem in my laptop .....
What??? Override discribes the Broadcom device as a Ethernet NIC, not a modem. I didn't doubt him and do extensive Google research (no my job). But if it's a modem that's a whole different ball of wax. If it's a NIC then the real question is what is is connected to. In Override's case it was connected to an ADSL modem that has an internal router. If you are connecting to an router them I would also expect your system to work. If you are connecting to someting else you may need to do different things.

I'm having the same problem posts often don't get much attention, either because the problem is already being discussed and saying I'm having the same problem doesn't really add much or, more likely, because although one part of your system may match, it's unlikely that all parts do. For example, in this case unless you are connecting to the same ADSL modem with internal router it is unlikely that you have the same problem.

I'm still hoping that Override will post back. But one more thing either or both of you can do until that happens is to run ethereal and watch the DHCP handshaking as you run netcardconfig. Seeing the manner in which the handshaking fails may give us some insight on how to resolve this.