-
Broadcom WLAN under SUSE 10.0
Hi,
i'm new with linux,
I installed suse 10.0 on my computer
But my WLAN card is not reconized.
my computer is a Amilo D1840W with a Broadcom Air Force BCM94301
i installed ndiswrapper and loaded bcwmwl5.inf but still, my card is not working.
What can I do?
Please help
-
Senior Member
registered user
Why is the titled
Code:
attempt to hijack a news post - split and moved
in the "Lounge" forum ?
jm
-
Senior Member
registered user
jjmac - a moderator would have moved it. Not sure about the title though 
maisai - This forum is about Knoppix Linux, not SuSE Linux.
You can either ask SuSE for help with SuSE, or try Knoppix.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
jjmac
Why is the titled
Code:
attempt to hijack a news post - split and moved
in the "Lounge" forum ?
jm
I'm the one who did this so I guess if you're asking I should explain it. This post was made to the then top story in the top forum, the news forum. I can only guess that the poster thought he would get the most attention if he put his post on top. It was completely off-topic there and had absolutely nothing to do with the subject of that thread. I could either just delete it or move it, or let people think the way to get attention for their problem was to post it inside the top news story. Since it wasn't spam I elected to split it out of the thread. When I did so the system required me to give it a title. The poster apparently did't care about the subject line of his post; it was hidden under the subject 4.0.2 DVD and CD out now. If he didn't care enough to give his post a good title I didn't either. Also I wasn't feeling very obligated to write helpful descriptive titles for posters who can't even pick the proper forum and I don't want to send the message that if you can't be bothered to come up with an informative title just dump your post in the news forum and I'll clean it up and give it a nice home, so I used the title I did, to let people know what the poster did. I thought about putting it in the networking section but since it was about Suse and not Knoppix I put it here in the Lounge, where off topic stuff better fits.
If I move posts in the future I'll likely use similar subject lines. If people want better subject lines that reflect their problem they should not hijack threads.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Of course
. If i had bothered to look at the index i would have seen that.
I'm going to have to get some battery backup for my head one of these days (grin)
jm
Similar Threads
-
By master inuyasha in forum Games
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-16-2006, 07:40 PM
-
By rockymaxsource in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2006, 04:46 AM
-
By Kowood in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-01-2005, 12:51 PM
-
By thelaughingman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-24-2005, 11:06 PM
-
By littledaz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00