Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Mozilla Composer As Word Processor

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Mozilla Composer As Word Processor

    I'd been agnoizing about word processors in Linux. I thought I had it pegged: Abiword. But I was always discovering new bugs and finally with the latest "upgrade" it would crash by simply opening print preview. Arrrrgh!!! Open Office is WAY more than I need.

    Well, to make a long story short. I found a new one. It came from an unexpected place.

    It's Composer from the Mozilla Suite. It does everything I need. It's a WSIWG 2-in-1 beauty. It behaves exactly like a word processor. It will do just about everything except columns and mailmerge.

    Sure it creates and publishes web pages. But it will "publish" to paper by printing out your document.

    It's fast and full featured. AND bug free!!

    sakiZ

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    That's good suggest
    It's a shame that there isn't in linux something like microsoft .shtml format, that allow to put in one single file even multimedia items such as images. This kind of documents would be editable with lighteweight editors (as composer) and almost universaly readable with browsers. This would be something very cool and a real *office killer

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    It Just Needs One Little Thing: Pagination

    Usually what I write is letters and poems. I should make that clear.

    For the occasional long document that I write that must be printed to paper: It just needs one tiny little addition. It needs pagination. I've written to Mozilla about this. I realize that Composer was not intended for this, but it is 99+% a great word processor now. One little addition of pagination abilites -- a plug-in perhaps and it would be 100%.

    But paper documents are so passe, so old fashioned. A properly written online document can contain all kinds of links and photo icons to full size screenshots and photos. This kind of document is much richer in information than the paper kind. AND, it does not use up any trees.

    Anyway, for longer documents that must go onto paper, all I have to do is use Open Office to import what I've written. Clean up page breaks and print. This takes a couple of minutes. But I would rather forego this sometimes needed step.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. A word on md5 sums
    By turbine in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 12:58 AM
  2. sorry about the off color word: Windows
    By Leyden in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 08:08 PM
  3. Scanners -- a word of praise!
    By fingers99 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 03:21 AM
  4. Clicking mailto links in Mozilla opens Mozilla Mail notKMail
    By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:32 AM
  5. A word from the stupid :p
    By Gandalf_Grey_ in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 02:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box picture

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box

$1500.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink SIP-T46S, t46G, & T46U IP Phone - Black, LOT of 14 picture

Yealink SIP-T46S, t46G, & T46U IP Phone - Black, LOT of 14

$324.99



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99