-
HD not mounted
I'm booting Knoppix on an old Laptop, it's bios can only see HDs up to approx 6G. The fitted HD is 20G, to circumvent the bios limitation I use a driver supplied with the Seagate drive. The drive has 2 FAT32 partitions on it with the bootmanager from W2k, W98 is the primary OS.
Knoppix doesn't mount the HD, I can't remember if the bios limitation of only being able to see HDs up to a certain size applies to Linux or not.
There are 2 ways to boot from a CD on my laptop, one is after the Seagate driver has loaded, the other before the driver loads. I tried both, neither method causes the HD to be mounted when booting Knoppix.
Any tips on this?
-
I think by memory from last summer when I tried a number of live CD's, that Knoppix is specifically designed not to mount the HD. That's why it's called a Live CD. Is there an icon for the HD? If so, try right-clicking on that icon, and see if there is a menu comes up which allows you to mount read only. If so, then once mounted, next right-cllick will let you change to write mode.
Since this is by memory and I did a number of live CD's, it may well be that I am thinking of another Live CD. Try it for yourself.
If you have already tried this, please accept my apology for misunderstanding you.
Similar Threads
-
By redcrayon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 12:43 AM
-
By Paradox in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 07:34 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 12:36 AM
-
By arthur in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-04-2003, 01:54 PM
-
By Plip in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

VTG Atari 130XE Home Computer System 130 XE Parts or Repair READ
$150.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 1040ST Vintage Home Computer | Turns On
$299.99

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Microbee VGA Video Converter Amiga Atari ST CGA RGB Retro Computer RARE
$207.98

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

READ UNTESTED But Works Vintage Atari 410 Program Recorder
$34.50