-
Accessing SATA drive with NTFS file system.
Could anyone advise me as to how I can access a SATA drive with an NTFS file system (the windows install is goosed) in order to recover some data I need before I make the change to Linux? I'm using the knoppix live CD which gives me the option to use kernel 2.4 or 2.6. As I'm a complete newbie with Linux any tips will be greatly appreciated.
I booted using the CD and it sees my CD drives, floppy but just doesn't see the HDD. I really don't want to lose this data if I don't have to.
-
Senior Member
registered user
This indicates that you are using a Knoppix CD that was released at minimum 9 months ago if not more than a year ago. Older versions of Knoppix had poor SATA support, so you may have difficulties performing data recovery. Possible solution include getting a newer Knoppix CD (current version is 4.0.2) or using another Linux Live CD such as Ubuntu 5.10 ubuntu-5.10-live-i386.iso or released today Berry Linux 0.65 which includes the latest current kernel 2.6.14.3.
-
Thanks for that. Further question if I may
Does knoppix or any of the other Live CD distros have a CD writing util built in or full USB support then I can transfer to a drive pen/CD?
Similar Threads
-
By tecnoL in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-10-2007, 11:56 AM
-
By Daddymac117 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2006, 01:34 AM
-
By evirus in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 12:39 AM
-
By aashtonk in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-08-2003, 05:03 PM
-
By VeeDubb in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 06:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core Ultra 7 270K Plus 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores)
$269.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$179.99

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF
$429.00

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core 3.8GHz Socket AM5 CPU w/ Wraith Cooler 100-100000592BOX
$135.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$395.00

Lenovo Thinkbook 14 inch (256GB, Intel Core i7 8th Gen., 1.80GHz, 8GB) Laptop -
$429.99

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor
$85.00