Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: booting problem: apic error on cpu0: 02(02)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2

    booting problem: apic error on cpu0: 02(02)

    Hello!

    I'm writing you because I can't get booting knoppix 4.0 on an AMD athlon xp 2600+.
    I've tried several cheat codes but it doesn't work.
    With failsafe debug -b 3 I'm getting the following error:
    apic error on cpu0: 02(02)

    Could you help me, please?
    Regards,
    Antonio.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    30

    noapic?

    Sorry to ask the obvious question. It seems you must have tried

    noapic

    but since you did not specifically say so, I gotta' ask.

    Do try to give detailed information as best you can. Even using a forum involves some learning.

    Otherwise, google for something like your question.

    e.g.-- apic error Knoppix

    and if that doesn't work, try other related words. I usually have a terrrible time hitting the right words to get the results I want.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2

    Re: noapic?

    Quote Originally Posted by irlandes
    Sorry to ask the obvious question. It seems you must have tried

    noapic

    but since you did not specifically say so, I gotta' ask.

    Do try to give detailed information as best you can. Even using a forum involves some learning.

    Otherwise, google for something like your question.

    e.g.-- apic error Knoppix

    and if that doesn't work, try other related words. I usually have a terrrible time hitting the right words to get the results I want.
    Off course I tried noapic. Off course I was searching info about the error in google.
    Why do you thing that I'm a beginner user?
    If I could try failsafe debug option, do not you think that if I was able to see the cheatcodes and to try them, I'm not a beginner user.
    If I'm asking in the forum is because I can not find the solution either with the cheat codes or google.
    I think before answer a question you should think about your response, and what it was the question.
    Many times if a person asks in a specific forum is because he/she can not find a solution in the google.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Try This

    Sounds like BIOS config problems.

    First try to avoid using the APIC bus:

    disable SMP and UP_IOAPIC.

    If your BIOS allows it, set interrupt mode to PIC not APIC.

    If you still get these errors also disable UP_APIC.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with booting Knoppix - error: windows file missing..
    By delfin13 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 07:09 PM
  2. Booting problem - crc error
    By poirot in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 03:40 PM
  3. APIC error on CPU0: 04(04)
    By Demus in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 06:29 AM
  4. APIC Error on CPU0: 40(40)
    By DJTOMCAT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 01:18 PM
  5. APIC error
    By alexander in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2004, 04:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM picture

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM

$300.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2 4-Bay RAID Enclosure + SATA 1394 -USB 2.0 (8TB) picture

OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2 4-Bay RAID Enclosure + SATA 1394 -USB 2.0 (8TB)

$180.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49