Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Image won't open

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2

    Image won't open

    I am having problems running knoppix.I tried to boot off a knoppix cd, but it did not work and I was prompted for the system disk. I viewed the disk through My Computer. When I try to open knoppix through my computer, windows asks what program I want to use to open knoppix. What should I do? I am trying to open it so I can make a floppy boot disk. I am running windows 98 on a 128Mb of ram, a 400Mz processor, and a 4x cd rom (I know this is not the best system, I am going to upgrade soon). Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    When you burnt the ISO did you use the make CD from ISO image option ( or whaterver your program calls it ) it looks like you have just the ISO image itself on the CD. Your more than likely going to have to burn the image with the correct option.

    It may run a little slow from the CD but your machine should be alright. If you ever want to install to HD and add some ram to your computer you'll be suprised how quick it will run.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2
    I will try to burn the image again. How would I run the image from my hard drive? Thanks.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    I will try to burn the image again. How would I run the image from my hard drive? Thanks.
    Check out the Hd Based How To.

Similar Threads

  1. Open Office
    By haloplayer in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 08:12 AM
  2. Can't open .bin files!
    By Wrincle in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 02:23 AM
  3. Cannot open display
    By ferreter in forum General Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 11:07 PM
  4. Port 80 Open
    By oscar in forum Networking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 03:12 AM
  5. can't open /etc/fstab :-(
    By Henk Poley in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 07:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS picture

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS

$120.00