I have no idea why it would do that, but how are you using ndiswrapper?
If you arn't already, try using it from command line.
Code:su ndiswrapper -i "/mnt/......" (directory of INF file) ndiswrapper -m modprobe ndiswrapper
I am using ndiswrapper to get my wireless card working and everything goes well until it copies the .inf, .sys and other files it creates to the ndiswrapper folder in /etc/ndiswrapper, it says it doesn't have enough room (ran out of space). I thought this was oddd, how do I get around this problem?
I have no idea why it would do that, but how are you using ndiswrapper?
If you arn't already, try using it from command line.
Code:su ndiswrapper -i "/mnt/......" (directory of INF file) ndiswrapper -m modprobe ndiswrapper
i will try again todat with Knoppix 4.0.2 and hope for the best.

Vintage Computer Peripherals Inc. Ramsack III ISA Memory Expansion 16bit 8 SIMM
$85.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$62.99
Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00
Vintage Retro Gaming | EU Plug W/US Adapter | Commodore 1084 CRT Color Monitor
$249.99
vintage Motherboard Socket 370 with Celeron 1.30 Ghz 256MB
$62.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Compaq PS/2 Keyboard RT7A56TW 237743-301 Beige Tested Working
$24.99
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99