I have no idea why it would do that, but how are you using ndiswrapper?
If you arn't already, try using it from command line.
Code:su ndiswrapper -i "/mnt/......" (directory of INF file) ndiswrapper -m modprobe ndiswrapper
I am using ndiswrapper to get my wireless card working and everything goes well until it copies the .inf, .sys and other files it creates to the ndiswrapper folder in /etc/ndiswrapper, it says it doesn't have enough room (ran out of space). I thought this was oddd, how do I get around this problem?
I have no idea why it would do that, but how are you using ndiswrapper?
If you arn't already, try using it from command line.
Code:su ndiswrapper -i "/mnt/......" (directory of INF file) ndiswrapper -m modprobe ndiswrapper
i will try again todat with Knoppix 4.0.2 and hope for the best.

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99