-

Originally Posted by
oddfellow514
I get exactly the same results. Since I cannot boot, I can't make any changes to Grub, or see what it is. Any other suggestions out there??
I have the same problem, but have not found the fix yet -- this may help identify the cause:
Machine: Dell GX150, P3 1GHz, 256MB RAM, 20 GB HD, two NICs, latest BIOS
It boots fine from the 4.0.2 CD, but get the same Kernel panic messsage after I install to the harddisk with the Recommended option. My HD configuration is: /dev/hda1 2GB swap; /dev/hda2 8GB /; /dev/hda3 9GB data -- /dev/hda2 correctly maps to hd(0,1) in the grub.conf file... However, /dev/hda2 shows up as being formated as ext3, reiserfs regardless of how qtparted formatted it -- I have explicitly formatted it to ext2, and it still gets autodetected as ext3 or reiserfs. Repartitioning to a single / partition, about 18GB does not help.
In contrast, the prior version I tried 3.8.6 (?) works flawlessly, either from the CD or installed to the harddisk.
Any ideas? I am all out of ideas....
krishna
Similar Threads
-
By phillb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 23
Last Post: 05-22-2009, 08:01 AM
-
By Chadsfunkin5 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2006, 02:59 AM
-
By wquay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 06:22 AM
-
By helkyd in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 PM
-
By ventallo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 07:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00

128GB (8x16GB) DDR4-2400 ECC Registered Server RAM PC4-2400T 2Rx8 RDIMM
$525.00

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

SK Hynix HMAA8GR7CJR4N-XN 64GB (1x64GB) 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 Server Memory
$550.00

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory
$2150.00

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99