-
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount block (3,2)
I have just installed Knoppix 4.0 on to my HD. After the installation I get a Kernel Panic that I have no idea of why it is happening???? My settings for grub are:
root (hd0,1)
Kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda2 ro ### isk_size=100000 init =/etc initrd /boot/initrd.img
savedefault
boot
I know that I have the right partition because it is hda2.
can anyone help me?? Also just so you know I am a beginner with linux so be gentle and patient with me
Similar Threads
-
By phillb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 23
Last Post: 05-22-2009, 08:01 AM
-
By Chadsfunkin5 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2006, 02:59 AM
-
By wquay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 06:22 AM
-
By helkyd in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 PM
-
By ventallo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 07:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.
$159.00