-

Originally Posted by
oddfellow514
I get exactly the same results. Since I cannot boot, I can't make any changes to Grub, or see what it is. Any other suggestions out there??
I have the same problem, but have not found the fix yet -- this may help identify the cause:
Machine: Dell GX150, P3 1GHz, 256MB RAM, 20 GB HD, two NICs, latest BIOS
It boots fine from the 4.0.2 CD, but get the same Kernel panic messsage after I install to the harddisk with the Recommended option. My HD configuration is: /dev/hda1 2GB swap; /dev/hda2 8GB /; /dev/hda3 9GB data -- /dev/hda2 correctly maps to hd(0,1) in the grub.conf file... However, /dev/hda2 shows up as being formated as ext3, reiserfs regardless of how qtparted formatted it -- I have explicitly formatted it to ext2, and it still gets autodetected as ext3 or reiserfs. Repartitioning to a single / partition, about 18GB does not help.
In contrast, the prior version I tried 3.8.6 (?) works flawlessly, either from the CD or installed to the harddisk.
Any ideas? I am all out of ideas....
krishna
Similar Threads
-
By phillb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 23
Last Post: 05-22-2009, 08:01 AM
-
By Chadsfunkin5 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2006, 02:59 AM
-
By wquay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 06:22 AM
-
By helkyd in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 PM
-
By ventallo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 07:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD
$149.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$71.49

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7
$69.59