I have a netgear wg511t that works with linux.
Ok christmas time... What wireless card is gerented to work this linux... Please reply fast x mas is almost here... thanks
I have a netgear wg511t that works with linux.
I have a netgear MA401 that works out of box
I also had a D-link DWL650+ that worked (sort of) with the driver at http://acx100.sourceforge.net/
Now I have a SMC [EZ Connect G] SMCWCB-G, works great with the madwifi driver
http://madwifi.org/wiki/UserDocs/FirstTimeHowTo
well what wireless usb adapter work s garunteed
DWL-122 with Knoppix 3.7
That's meaningless in so many ways. Dlink (and many others) tend to use completely different chipsets to make the same wireless card model number, just changing the revision or version number of the card and incuding different windows drivers with the different versions. I have a pair of Dlink cards that Knoppix has never recognized, but have seen others report that the same model card worked fine for them, only to track down that they had different revision numbers of the cards with different chipsets. Also, of course, what works with Knoppix 3.7 is pretty meningless any more; it would even be hard to find a copy of 3.7 available for download if one did want a version of Knoppix that old.Originally Posted by mjolnir
I doubt that the question can be answered at all if you just give a make and model number and not spell out what version of the card you have tested and even what chipset it uses. At least some times the version/revision number is on the box somewhere (I believe it is in the case of most Dlink cards). But if someone wants me to stick my neck out and promise that a wireless card will work with Knoppix, I just can't do it. All I can do is post my working card in the wireless networking section of the wiki (which I have done) and try to encourage others who get cards working to do the same.
Sorry if it sounds a little wacked, but, your missing the point....
It's not per say, what cards are garanteed to work with Knoppix or, other OS's...
It's what chipsets the linux kernel currently supports, that makes a card work, or, not work.
This is why only some D-link cards work. Because even though they're the same model, the OEM may have changed chipsets due to parts availability.
So, it will remain the luck of the draw in finding a working card, till more chipsets are recognized and support by the kernel.
And, it's still a rocky road, because most of us new to linux, aren't confident enough, yet, to compile an new Kernels, even though the support or driver files,
in most cases, may allready be available.
So my point is, it might be a better approach to detail which chipsets are supported, in the search for cards that works.
When you go to the store, ask for a card that uses a know chipset and dis-reguard the brand, and you should be ok.

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00