-
Knoppix failed Install
I've got knoppix to install once on the same computer, so this is very fustrating. When ever I try to install, I partiction the disks and I start the installsion. At about 60% or so the install keeps spitting out these errors like:
cp: reading 'usr/share/local/ru/LC_MESSAGES/popt.mo' : Input/output error
Serveral pages of the same errors (but different files), go by and the installsion is complete. I reboot and the boot gives errors and X windows doesn't load. I know its not the CD. I guess its the hard drive. I think I partitcioned them right though. I made a primary swap (512mb) and a primary ext3 (5.12gb) /. Thanks for any help, I really want to have knoppix installed over any other distro.
Similar Threads
-
By markley in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-07-2006, 03:33 AM
-
By neighborlee in forum Klik
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-27-2005, 01:42 PM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-16-2005, 02:09 PM
-
By FunkyFlyKneeGrow in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2004, 06:21 PM
-
By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00