-
Accessing drive connected to IDE card
I'm pretty new at this, so hopefully this will have an easy fix
I'm running Knoppix from the CD which is /dev/hda
My main HDD has 2 partitions, which are /dev/hdc1 and /dev/hdc5
I have an IDE card with a secondary HDD connected to it. The jumper is set to slave, but it is not being loaded at all by Knoppix. I'm guessing it's b/c the IDE card isn't loading. I've checked in qtparted to make sure I'm not missing it, and the only things listed are my CDR and my main HDD.
How do I get this to load so that I can access this HDD? I don't want to mount the drive, just access it so that I can dd the 4 partitions that are on it, in can that makes any difference.
Thanks for any help you can give. If you need more info, please let me know.
-Tara
Similar Threads
-
By kaplan71 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-20-2007, 03:20 PM
-
By bluemoon in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-12-2005, 02:13 PM
-
By kq9j in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 01:40 AM
-
By KillYourRadio in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 03:48 AM
-
By ob_seven in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 09:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)
$150.00