-
Junior Member
registered user
Booting a laptop off a Knoppix CD without a harddrive.
Ok,
I have a project in mind that I think Knoppix would be great for. Hopefully this is in the right forum. But here is my plan and requirements. I have a basic understanding of Linux as I've been running various forms of *nix for a few years.
Requirements:
Boot a laptop off a knoppix CD
Laptop does not have a harddrive.
I want to have a wireless network card which will be connected to my home network
Once the laptop boots I want it to automatically run a script which is on my home network.
Laptop must be able to boot with a keyboard and mouse or without a keyboard and mouse.
Optional: If laptop boots without a keyboard and mouse I want to be able to plug them in and use them, if I have to reboot to use keyboard and mouse that's acceptable.
Optional: Use of USB.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By wallberg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-28-2007, 04:26 PM
-
By cheeney in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-11-2007, 04:59 PM
-
By bandoba in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 21
Last Post: 03-07-2006, 02:36 AM
-
By rrk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-18-2005, 09:16 PM
-
By badadu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB 2.5" SATA III 3D NAND SSD MZ-76E2T0 94-100% Health
$207.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00