-
Junior Member
registered user
Booting a laptop off a Knoppix CD without a harddrive.
Ok,
I have a project in mind that I think Knoppix would be great for. Hopefully this is in the right forum. But here is my plan and requirements. I have a basic understanding of Linux as I've been running various forms of *nix for a few years.
Requirements:
Boot a laptop off a knoppix CD
Laptop does not have a harddrive.
I want to have a wireless network card which will be connected to my home network
Once the laptop boots I want it to automatically run a script which is on my home network.
Laptop must be able to boot with a keyboard and mouse or without a keyboard and mouse.
Optional: If laptop boots without a keyboard and mouse I want to be able to plug them in and use them, if I have to reboot to use keyboard and mouse that's acceptable.
Optional: Use of USB.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By wallberg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-28-2007, 04:26 PM
-
By cheeney in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-11-2007, 04:59 PM
-
By bandoba in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 21
Last Post: 03-07-2006, 02:36 AM
-
By rrk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-18-2005, 09:16 PM
-
By badadu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box
$48.00

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL “Powers On” Parts or Repair
$249.95

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25