Out of curiosity, why was outlook banned, not that I'm not overjoyed of course.![]()
I've noticed there are quite a lot of people who find knoppix easy to boot up but since they've had no previous exposure to linux, find the underlying system frustrating or confusing.
For those wanting to learn more about the linux basics there's an online course (free) at Basiclinux that looks very interesting and thorough. Apparently it take about 2 months to complete and has a mailing list + weekly IRC as additional support.
The next term begins Monday, 7 July 2003. Registration for that class closes Saturday, 5 July 2003. So if you've wanted to find a way of digging a little further, this is probably a good way to do it.
Note: Outlook has been banned from the mailing list - so it's the perfect opportunity to boot up Knoppix or Morphix and try out their email programs
Here's the link to the site and what you need to do to register :-
http://basiclinux.net/
Out of curiosity, why was outlook banned, not that I'm not overjoyed of course.![]()
According to http://basiclinux.net :-Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
(Also note that Outlook has been banned from the mailing list because of of the inherent security risk it poses to the rest of the subscribers.)
I suspect virus, spam and other unwanted features can be pretty disruptive on a busy mailing list![]()
Rob
lmao! You know- now that you mention it we have been having alot of virus alerts lately. I work for a HUGE pc company and yes we use outlook. It sucks- it really does.Originally Posted by monkymind
Anyway........I was glad to see this post, I hadn't seen anything for free that seemed really worthwhile. IMHO it would be very wise to get some Linux education asap because more and more the big companies are looking @ NIX and seeing how much they can save dollar wise, not to mention real security. Yeah sure if we want the desktop users we need bells and whistles but I think that as soon as the Fortune 500 companies start using NIX then it's all over but the cryin'. Anyone ever embarked on any of the OReilly courses? U of Illinois I believe- apparently a pretty good school.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI Barebone CTO GPU Server 2x Heatsinks 2x 1600W PSU
$319.99
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell PowerEdge R740 8B SFF CTO Barebone H330 QP 1GbE NDC 2x 750W PSU No CPU/Mem
$395.00