Most USB sticks come with a FAT partition, which Knoppix can read and write just fine. This is a better approach than putting a Linux format on it, since then XP can't write to it without special software.Originally Posted by rowck001
I have a notebook (no internet connection) which I just installed Knoppix onto. The system works great but as I want to install the Java JDK and Eclipse - can I just download the Linux tars via my winXP box which has DSL, put them onto a USB memory stick and copy and run on the knoppix laptop - or does the USB stick need to be first formatted with a linux filesystem??
Most USB sticks come with a FAT partition, which Knoppix can read and write just fine. This is a better approach than putting a Linux format on it, since then XP can't write to it without special software.Originally Posted by rowck001
Thanks for the helpHere I go with Linux!!!
Merry xmas!!

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM
$199.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
LOT OF 4 SK Hynix 32GB DDR4-2133 PC4-2133P 2Rx4 Server RAM RDIMM
$640.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98