Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Boot process stops...what to do?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1

    Boot process stops...what to do?

    After the splash screen, the following appears:

    Welcome to the Knoppix live Linux-on-DVD!

    Scanning for USB/Firewire devices....Done.
    Accessing primary KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hdc...
    Found primary KNOPPIX compressed image at /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPX.

    Then nothing...just a blinking cursor.

    What do I do?

    I was curious why its says Linux-on-DVD, as I downloaded the CD.......

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    18
    I had a smiliar problem last night. I have a working version of Knoppix 3.3 but I left it at home, so while I was bored at work last night I downloaded knoppix 3.9 and burned it using Roxio, I usually use Nero and I'm not familiar with Roxio so I'm not sure i burned it right. Anyways. When I booted up with the 3.9 CD it just stopped at the blinking cursosr, but I got nothing before, other than the generic compaq screen.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: Boot process stops...what to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by paulbuck
    What do I do?
    There could be a number of reasons why it isn't working, from incompatible hardware to bad burn and everything in between.

    Have a look at the Tips&Tricks section of the cheatcodes and the boot proces page. Give those boot commands a try and post back on what works and what doesn't.

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    18
    OK This time I used the Roxio "COPY DISC" option and selected the knoppix ISO as my source and my CD-RW as the destination and it worked. Paul, not sure how you burned your copy of Knoppix but you might want to reburn it and see what happens.

Similar Threads

  1. problems with modules during boot process after remastering
    By mark_one in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-29-2005, 09:00 PM
  2. Removing daemons from the boot-up process...
    By doesnotcompute in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 08:48 PM
  3. process to monitor boot process and all necessary apps
    By metzelplik in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 08:11 PM
  4. 3.3 boot stops and locks.
    By alex+ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 01:13 PM
  5. 3.3 boot stops and locks
    By alex+ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2003, 05:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.59