Geeze, I never intended for you to lose all of your data. I do hope you didn't lose anything too terribly important.Originally Posted by pnti
![]()
[quote="Dave_Bechtel"]>There are many things that I have to learn.
--Not to be rude, but it looks like "BACKUPS" is one of them...![]()
And patience
I simply tried to install old MS-DOS using original MS disks. I didn't expect that 3 small floppies would (?) remove everyting data, partitions, etc.
I have almost forgotten what is MS-DOS.
Geeze, I never intended for you to lose all of your data. I do hope you didn't lose anything too terribly important.Originally Posted by pnti
![]()
Hi !Geeze, I never intended for you to lose all of your data. I do hope you didn't lose anything too terribly important.![]()
Thanks for your letter. I lost my data because i DIDN'T FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE. I wanted to it faster and better - without any experiencie. No problem it seems that there was nothing really important on the disk.
w.
I'm very sorry you lost your data...
Please always create backups when you're playing around with Linux!!!
Follow my advise and you're never lose your data.
Have a nice day,
StyleWarz![]()
...but you already know how...put cheatcodes in loadlin (lang=us is a cheat code...)Originally Posted by monkeyman
loadlin.exe vmlinuz init=/etc/init lang=us floppyconfig keyboard=de .... etc etc etc
cheers
I also discovered from another thread ( http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2273 ) that I can also use a parameter file, loadlin.par, to load the cheat codes as well. Lots of options. Thanks for the tip....but you already know how...put cheatcodes in loadlin (lang=us is a cheat code...)
loadlin.exe vmlinuz init=/etc/init lang=us floppyconfig keyboard=de .... etc etc etc
cheers![]()
Forgive me if I missed something, but I think there is a safe and simple way to boot from floppy.
Don't you just use sbminst (dowload the two files, copy them to a floppy, and run the .exe, it creates a boot floppy that will scan your partitions for potentially bootable entities, and let you choose.
Then install linux, but not lilo or grub.
Shazam.
The machine boots to win, unless the floppy is in the drive, in which case it boots to wherever you like.
i am using knoppix cd the machine has also a hd with windows. can I run my windows sytem and knoppix at the same time. any suggestion is welcome. i have a license to vmware but can vine work to do that ?
thanks
Kemal
What do you mean by 'at the same time'? I presume you mean at different times, but having both os's resident on the machine?
If so, the answer is yes, but how will depend on what version of windows you have, what format your drive partitions are, and what vmware and vine are.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00