how about making a /home/user/etc for the changes?
if you then make a script (or a program) checking for them on boot...
should not be impossible to achieve and would make using NTFS for config storage... safer and easyer.
Dear Rammel,
so simple, so effective: your suggestion works!
I would the student work at a rather low level from the point of view of the environment (they should do programming, computing, etc.) teachers only are allowed to play with Knoppix features... Thus, your suggestion could be enough, even if I think that the default settings are a little misleading (how many times the students will be wrong?).
I'll think about doing better, but I don't promise I'll succeed...
Thanks a lot,
ciao,
Ugo
how about making a /home/user/etc for the changes?
if you then make a script (or a program) checking for them on boot...
should not be impossible to achieve and would make using NTFS for config storage... safer and easyer.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$385.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55