how about making a /home/user/etc for the changes?
if you then make a script (or a program) checking for them on boot...
should not be impossible to achieve and would make using NTFS for config storage... safer and easyer.
Dear Rammel,
so simple, so effective: your suggestion works!
I would the student work at a rather low level from the point of view of the environment (they should do programming, computing, etc.) teachers only are allowed to play with Knoppix features... Thus, your suggestion could be enough, even if I think that the default settings are a little misleading (how many times the students will be wrong?).
I'll think about doing better, but I don't promise I'll succeed...
Thanks a lot,
ciao,
Ugo
how about making a /home/user/etc for the changes?
if you then make a script (or a program) checking for them on boot...
should not be impossible to achieve and would make using NTFS for config storage... safer and easyer.

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99