-
I can not save the file on either my hard drive or usb devic
I can not save the file on either my hard drive or usb devices. After editing a OpenOffice file, I can not save it on \mnt\hda1\. Every time, the system inform me that "error saving the file Untitiled 1". What is the reason for that? Thanks a lot in advance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: I can not save the file on either my hard drive or usb d

Originally Posted by
buddhainside
I can not save the file on either my hard drive or usb devices. After editing a OpenOffice file, I can not save it on \mnt\hda1\. Every time, the system inform me that "error saving the file Untitiled 1". What is the reason for that? Thanks a lot in advance.
Your USB and HDD are mounted as read-only. Unfortunatley, I don't have KDE in front of me to give you exact directions. But roughly, from the desktop right click on the appropriate icon. From there hunt for an option box that says "read-only" and is checked. Uncheck that box. Click Apply (or Save or OK or whatever the appropriate button is) and you should be able to now mount the drive a read-write and save your files.
Good luck and let us know how things go.
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
-
I also have that issue. I found the check box, but got a message that I could not change that.
-
Hello,
I tried the checkbox as well and it still wouldn't permit me to save to the usbdisk. I also tried checking/ unchecking all the relevant checkboxes in this area, but still got the message.
...of course first I tried a terminal, switched to "su" and tried "chmod 777 /mnt/sda1", still got the same message (stayed read only). It was very strange that it won't respond to root's command.
I am using knoppix 4.0.2, and would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance,
Joe
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Come on kids, we've gone over this so many times. Answer #6.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Harry Kuhman, thank you, that was the solution! Hopefully you won't have to answer this question anymore because it is the first and most (or only) obvious post to show up on a search for "saving to usb".
Again, thanks a lot.
Joe
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Joeagain
it is the first and most (or only) obvious post to show up on a search for "saving to usb".
How are you doing your searches? When I search for "saving to usb" I get an error message: "You have requested a special page that is not recognized by the wiki."
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
-
Hello Robert,
This thread comes up as second from the top using:
"save to usb"
save to usb
save AND usb
"saving to usb"
The search function I am using is the one in the search link at the top of the forum, the:
"Search | Profile | Private Messages | Log out (Joeagain) | Forum FAQ"
part. Unfortunately I don't know how to print out the URL as you did, (mine comes out as a generic "http://www.knoppix.net/forum/search.php?mode=results" -- probably meaningless), but one difference is that the URL of my pages, (both search and results), don't read "Special:Search?search" as your URL does. Is it possible you have special privileges that I don't?
Joe
Similar Threads
-
By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
-
By ryhder in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2005, 06:29 PM
-
By satimis in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 12:34 PM
-
By s-m-n in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 08:50 PM
-
By santaklaws in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00