Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Monitor just goes crazy

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2

    Monitor just goes crazy

    I have downloaded and burned the KNOPPIX_V3.8.2-2005-05-05-EN.iso file to cd. It boots the cd just fine but when it gets ready to go to the splash screen or main screen of Knoppix my monitor just goes blank, the lights on the front just start blinking and the power light goes off like it's lost power or something. I have tried the special boot knoppix screen=1024x768 or 800x600 and does the same thing. My video card is an NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 200 if this helps.

    Any thoughts on how I can get this to work? I do have a built in video card on my motherboard but i'd hate to remove my PCI Nvidia card just to get this to work. If it's the Nvidia card is there a fix or workaround I could use instead.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Follow the documentation link near the top of this page. Look at the cheat codes section of the wiki. Try to find a monitor setting that you know your monitor will accept; it's likely that Knoppix is trying to use a frequency/resolution outside of what the monitor will accept. I would start simple, even lower settings than what you want to finally use, and once you get something working you can experiment more with higher values.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2
    ok, I know my monitor can do at least 1024x768 with a refresh frequency of 60hertz because that's what it's set at now when I boot into Windows. Now would I type it in like this on the boot screen for Knoppix? If not could you show me how I would need to type it in.

    knoppix screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=60 or vsync=60

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    try knoppix screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=60

Similar Threads

  1. Monitor goes crazy when running knoppix
    By CRK in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 12:49 AM
  2. Ok, this is just crazy!!! I gotta know!
    By Budman21901 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 09:33 AM
  3. crazy error! HELP!
    By bob58 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 06:07 PM
  4. crazy colors
    By greema in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 03:00 AM
  5. Crazy booting
    By alex+ in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2003, 04:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Coach Vintage BlackNylon Leather Messenger Crossbody Laptop Bag Style 5115 picture

Coach Vintage BlackNylon Leather Messenger Crossbody Laptop Bag Style 5115

$90.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare picture

Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare

$199.99



Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS picture

Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS

$100.00



Apple Extended Keyboard II Vintage Keyboard with Original Box & Cable picture

Apple Extended Keyboard II Vintage Keyboard with Original Box & Cable

$110.00



Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New picture

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New

$82.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99