Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Monitor just goes crazy

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2

    Monitor just goes crazy

    I have downloaded and burned the KNOPPIX_V3.8.2-2005-05-05-EN.iso file to cd. It boots the cd just fine but when it gets ready to go to the splash screen or main screen of Knoppix my monitor just goes blank, the lights on the front just start blinking and the power light goes off like it's lost power or something. I have tried the special boot knoppix screen=1024x768 or 800x600 and does the same thing. My video card is an NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 200 if this helps.

    Any thoughts on how I can get this to work? I do have a built in video card on my motherboard but i'd hate to remove my PCI Nvidia card just to get this to work. If it's the Nvidia card is there a fix or workaround I could use instead.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Follow the documentation link near the top of this page. Look at the cheat codes section of the wiki. Try to find a monitor setting that you know your monitor will accept; it's likely that Knoppix is trying to use a frequency/resolution outside of what the monitor will accept. I would start simple, even lower settings than what you want to finally use, and once you get something working you can experiment more with higher values.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2
    ok, I know my monitor can do at least 1024x768 with a refresh frequency of 60hertz because that's what it's set at now when I boot into Windows. Now would I type it in like this on the boot screen for Knoppix? If not could you show me how I would need to type it in.

    knoppix screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=60 or vsync=60

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    try knoppix screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=60

Similar Threads

  1. Monitor goes crazy when running knoppix
    By CRK in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 12:49 AM
  2. Ok, this is just crazy!!! I gotta know!
    By Budman21901 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 09:33 AM
  3. crazy error! HELP!
    By bob58 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 06:07 PM
  4. crazy colors
    By greema in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 03:00 AM
  5. Crazy booting
    By alex+ in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2003, 04:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends picture

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends

$149.00



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981 picture

Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981

$199.99



Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit picture

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit

$44.99



DEC PDP 11/05 or 11/10 system complete, H900 box, vintage,  Digital Equip Corp picture

DEC PDP 11/05 or 11/10 system complete, H900 box, vintage, Digital Equip Corp

$3509.00



LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold picture

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold

$749.99



VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE picture

VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE

$299.99



IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D picture

IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D

$219.99