-
Password Issues
I installed Knoppix 3.3 (using the Knoppix Install Option) onto the hard disk of my Toshiba Laptop. It detected all my hardware properly
but I am having problems with password access
. I am not asked to log on when booting up and when I want to do something which requires root access (like changing data/time) the administrative password I selected during install is not accepted.
Is there a default root password which Knoppix thinks is still current - and can I reset the user and root passwords without knowing this default password if it exists?
-
More Info on Password Issues
In addition to my previous problem - it seems Knoppix has not set up my user accounts as I selected during install from the liveCD and appears to be still operating in read-only mode with the Knoppix user account available
Oh No .. I knew the install was too easy!!
Similar Threads
-
By matt houston in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-05-2007, 04:19 PM
-
By _paul in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 01:38 PM
-
By cold in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 03:40 PM
-
By TheCyberDude in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-19-2003, 10:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

Commodore 64/C64 23 Original Games (Untested /As Is ,no returns )Maniac Mansion
$115.00

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64c Computer System
$550.00