-
Which WLAN chipsets are supported?
Which WLAN chipsets have drivers in Knoppix 4.0.2?
I have a WLAN router I got for free from my ISP, but I have to buy a card myself.
I would like to get a CF card which I can also use via PCMCIA adapter on my laptop. Are there problems with PCMCIA and WLAN?
Thanks.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I thinik your chances are better with PCMCIA than USB, but still not great. It hasn't been easy to get people to contribute their experiences to the wireless networking section of the wiki, you can see for yourself what little information we have there. If you mine this forum for additional information and find some, please consider adding it to the wiki.
-
From what I could gather sofar, Linux friendly wifi chip vendors are: Atheros, Intel and Ralink. They are supporting Open Source drivers.
http://users.linpro.no/janl/hardware/wifi.html
The CF card I know will work with my Linux PDA (Sharp Zaurus) uses the Prism 2 drivers, but it's quite old hardware.
I'd still prefer to go with a more current card which Knoppix supports.
Similar Threads
-
By knop in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
-
By mzilikazi in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-12-2004, 06:41 AM
-
By asmodath1701 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-16-2003, 12:23 AM
-
By ktheking in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-17-2003, 08:50 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 02:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00