I have been struggling with Debian for a few weeks now, and am starting to feel that I am hitting a dead end.
1) I have to have a usb mouse plugged in, else KDE won't boot. (I have a wireless mouse and keyboard) When in KDE, the wireless mouse is very erratic and unusable. Here in KAnotix however, it is fine...
2) No WIreless network support included in installation, or on the first 2 CDs. I need ndiswrapper, wavelan and networkcard config to use my wireless internet. Even if I plug my PC direcly into the router, Debian still doesn't connect to the internet, beaming I can't just aptget them.
3) Can mount my primary windows harddrive in Debian, but KDE won't let me open it, hence I can't use any of the files there, including ndiswrapper etc which I donwloaded in Windows.
4) Can't mount and use my USB memory stick, same problem as before.
If all these worked, I would be happy, primarily the internet.
Should I try a different distribution? Are there any that include ndiswrapper etc so I can use it "straight out of the box"?
I looked at Ubuntu, but didn't like the GNOME environment, and it didn;t look like it incldued ndiswrapper. I know of Kubuntu, I may try this.
What should I do? Which distributions can I just use? I am enjoying my Linux adventure, and don't want to end it quite yet!
Thanks for your help,
Rich

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99