-
Junior Member
registered user
Network printing with CUPS
Hi,
I request some advice please. I'd like to print from my PC which is running Knoppix 4.0 DVD HD install on IP 192.168.0.102 to the Canon USB printer on my Mac with CUPS is on 192.168.0.100. How do I set up CUPS on both ends?
On the Mac, I have Windows sharing 139 and printer sharing 631 515 enabled. I know that SMB works because I can use konqueror with smb to get to my Mac files from Knoppix.
Thanks,
Frank
-
Senior Member
registered user
Have a look here: http://www.linuxprinting.org/. Generally you have make sure cups is running on the MAC and that when you bring up localhost:631 in a browser on the Mac you can see the printer and print to it.
On the knoppix side: I would , as root, fire up kprinter and follow the flow. Add a network printer etc.
Refer to the link for more detailed instructions.
HTH.
-
I get an error that the conenction to the CUPS server failed, I just want to use the windows shared printer. However becouse of the failure all options inthe wizard are gray (not clickable). Is there some other way to reach the printer (on windows xp).
Similar Threads
-
By poor_mans_knoppix in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2006, 08:46 PM
-
By Jbike in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-26-2005, 09:06 PM
-
By bigrobot in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-11-2005, 02:05 PM
-
By jozien in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-15-2004, 02:50 AM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-13-2003, 11:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99