-
Knoppix 4.0.2 with thumb drive on IBM T42
I'm recently started using Knoppix 4.0.2 CD on my IBM T42 laptop with a 128MB thumb drive. The thumbdrive has a FAT filesystem.
On boot up, Knoppix sees the thumb drive as /dev/sda and places at thumbdrive icon on the desktop for it. I see an entry in the /etc/fstab for it. However, Knoppix is unable to mount it. If I use the /dev/sda1 to mount to /mnt/sda, it works fine.
I modified /etc/fstab to mount /dev/sda1 to /mnt/sda1 as vfat rather then using the auto.
I was able to save config to the thumb drive and there is a configs.tbz and knoppix.sh files on /mnt/sda1.
When I boot using the settings "knoppix myconfig=/dev/sda1", the knoppix.sh is found and my configuration is restored as expected and an icon on the desktop appears for /mnt/sda1.
When using the boot settings "knoppix myconfig=scan", the knoppix.sh file is not found, the configuration is not restored and the desktop shows the icon for /dev/sda.
My question is why is the boot option "knoppix myconfig=scan" not finding the knoppix.sh on the thumbdrive?
I have looked through the forums and google about this and have yet to find a topic thread on this topic to my satisfaction.
Similar Threads
-
By Brudus in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-18-2007, 05:10 PM
-
By wildscribe in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 01:52 PM
-
By fyp in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-05-2005, 10:52 AM
-
By MaldiGola in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 03:51 PM
-
By jbreiden in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 01:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested
$25.46

Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box
$90.98