Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Trek USB Thumbdrive

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1

    Trek USB Thumbdrive

    Hi all,
    I'm a Linux newbie and have played with several distibutions....before I found out how much Knoppix RULES!!!
    I just did a HD install the other day. When running from the CD I was able to plug my thumbdrive in and it was found automatically. I could even see my Windows files. First off, I could really use some help in getting this drive recognized on my newly installed machine. Secondly, after I get the drive recognized under Linux, I would like to use it to transfer files between Windows and Linux. Is this possible? Due to the difference in file systems, will I have to partition the thumb drive?
    If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be GREATLY appreciative.

    Thanks,
    Scott
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Do a search for USB- it is a populat subject around here.

Similar Threads

  1. Thumbdrive help
    By fidofido in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 08:09 PM
  2. Create a bootable knoppix on a 1 gig thumbdrive
    By Kethean in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 10:44 PM
  3. Cannot see my thumbdrive
    By gdog in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 05:18 AM
  4. THUMBDRIVE locking up Knoppix...........why?
    By TROLL1357 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 AM
  5. Cannot mount my thumbdrive!!
    By knopphead in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 08:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A picture

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A

$100.00



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop picture

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop

$32.99