Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Trek USB Thumbdrive

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1

    Trek USB Thumbdrive

    Hi all,
    I'm a Linux newbie and have played with several distibutions....before I found out how much Knoppix RULES!!!
    I just did a HD install the other day. When running from the CD I was able to plug my thumbdrive in and it was found automatically. I could even see my Windows files. First off, I could really use some help in getting this drive recognized on my newly installed machine. Secondly, after I get the drive recognized under Linux, I would like to use it to transfer files between Windows and Linux. Is this possible? Due to the difference in file systems, will I have to partition the thumb drive?
    If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be GREATLY appreciative.

    Thanks,
    Scott
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Do a search for USB- it is a populat subject around here.

Similar Threads

  1. Thumbdrive help
    By fidofido in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 08:09 PM
  2. Create a bootable knoppix on a 1 gig thumbdrive
    By Kethean in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 10:44 PM
  3. Cannot see my thumbdrive
    By gdog in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 05:18 AM
  4. THUMBDRIVE locking up Knoppix...........why?
    By TROLL1357 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 AM
  5. Cannot mount my thumbdrive!!
    By knopphead in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 08:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


DEC Vintage Module/Board Collectable Vintage chip - 1 BROKEN LEG (BO) picture

DEC Vintage Module/Board Collectable Vintage chip - 1 BROKEN LEG (BO)

$200.00



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$299.99



DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage picture

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage

$74.99



6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips  picture

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips

$145.00



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer picture

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer

$649.95



Vintage DEC Digital VR299-DA CRT Color Monitor for VAXstation 2000 Computer picture

Vintage DEC Digital VR299-DA CRT Color Monitor for VAXstation 2000 Computer

$299.95



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



DEC DIGITAL VINTAGE M7544 picture

DEC DIGITAL VINTAGE M7544

$100.00