-
Password Issues
I installed Knoppix 3.3 (using the Knoppix Install Option) onto the hard disk of my Toshiba Laptop. It detected all my hardware properly
but I am having problems with password access
. I am not asked to log on when booting up and when I want to do something which requires root access (like changing data/time) the administrative password I selected during install is not accepted.
Is there a default root password which Knoppix thinks is still current - and can I reset the user and root passwords without knowing this default password if it exists?
Similar Threads
-
By matt houston in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-05-2007, 04:19 PM
-
By _paul in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 01:38 PM
-
By cold in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 03:40 PM
-
By TheCyberDude in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-19-2003, 10:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS
$249.98

Micron 64GB 4DRX4 PC4-2400T-LE2-11 MTA72ASS8G72LZ-2G3B2MG DDR4 Server RAM KD313
$249.98

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99