Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Using CUPS to configure a network printer

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7

    Using CUPS to configure a network printer

    Hello, I am having some trouble configuring a network printer. I was able to use the add printer utility in the Knoppix 4.02 Distro to go as far as the driver installation, but the recommended driver would not install (missing components or something) I found another driver selection that printed a half page before breaking so I know my IP address was correct (no luck since then) What would be the procedure to add a printer driver so that it would be visible in the choices in the control center/ printing configuration/driver installation. My printer happens to be a Canon BJC-2110, and I believe that the correct driver is gimp-print, again, I do not know how to get it there. -I am a newbe

    Thanks for any help in Advance!

    jbikejavascript:emoticon('')
    Cool

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    18
    Hi,
    Did you make any progress? I'm trying to use Knoppix on my PC to get to my Mac's USB printer. What do I do in http://localhost:631?
    Frank

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by transistordude
    Hi,
    Did you make any progress? I'm trying to use Knoppix on my PC to get to my Mac's USB printer. What do I do in http://localhost:631?
    Frank
    I was successful, allthough I am still having trouble. Problem is that I cannot (do not know how to) install the correct printer driver for my CanonBJC2110. Some of the installed printer drivers work for some doc's but not for all. I still need help.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-14-2004, 06:25 PM
  2. needed to configure network printer.....
    By ira in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 04:43 AM
  3. lexmark printer problem under CUPS
    By help_seeker in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 05:31 PM
  4. Printer issues CUPS/Printer Server/OptraE+
    By rec9140 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
  5. wishlist: preinstalled PDF-printer in CUPS
    By heinere in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 01:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM

$139.99



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Samsung 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM 288-Pin M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Y picture

Samsung 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM 288-Pin M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Y

$699.99



Micron 384GB (6x64GB) DDR4-2400 LRDIMM ECC Registered RAM MTA72ASS8G72LZ-2G3B2PG picture

Micron 384GB (6x64GB) DDR4-2400 LRDIMM ECC Registered RAM MTA72ASS8G72LZ-2G3B2PG

$2000.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-2933Y 1Rx4 ECC REG DIMM (PC4-21300) M393A2K40DB2-CVF picture

Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-2933Y 1Rx4 ECC REG DIMM (PC4-21300) M393A2K40DB2-CVF

$120.00