Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Getting Apollo Fast Ethernet Card to work KNOPPIX 4.0.2

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2

    Getting Apollo Fast Ethernet Card to work KNOPPIX 4.0.2

    Hey!

    I'm trying to get my 'Apollo Fast Ethernet PC Card' on my laptop to work under KNOPPIX 4.0.2. I know I have used an older KNOPPIX cd a year ago or so and had no problems.

    During boot KNOPPIX detects the PCMCIA but doesn't start any eth0 or trying to receive any ip via DHCP. When the system is booted all the lights are lit on the network card just as they are in Windows when working. Even the ACT(ive) light flashes now and then, just as if everything works. However, I can't ping any host anywhere... Ifconfig only gives me 'local loopback' or something like that.

    First thing I try is 'ifconfig pump eth0 up'. I then receive a flag error since no such device can be found.

    Then I tried loading (when prompted by knoppix) the driver 'pcnet_cs driver' manually with modconf but the system refuses to recognize that an ethernet card is connected to the computer.

    So, anyone got any idea what to do? I'm pretty new to LINUX so I'm quite lost.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2
    Hey!

    Couldn't at least someone give me a hint on where to look? I've tried posting this question at three different, mayor linux forums but no one seems to be able to help me... Problem is I can't get eth0 to show up as a device. I tried booting with nodhcp and when I try 'ifconfig eth0 up' I get: 'eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device'.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    /J

Similar Threads

  1. Using a VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter..
    By FlyBye88 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 05:51 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 05:25 PM
  3. belkin network card and apollo onboard sound...
    By Sukrillux in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 05:39 AM
  4. IOGear USB 2.0 Fast Ethernet adapter not recognized
    By syndicatedragon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 10:04 PM
  5. Help with Fast Ethernet PCI Realtek RTL8139 Family
    By mrfocus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 03:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280  SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC picture

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC

$34.99



Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$53.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$74.99