Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Question About Downloading and Booting

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5

    Question About Downloading and Booting

    Hi guys, I'm new to Linux, so I had a few questions. First of all, when I want to DL Knoppix by FTP, my browser takes me to a page with a bunch of files listed in a column, and I am not sure what to do with them. Can anyone help me with this? I would appreciate it. Also, if I want to use Knoppix, would all I have to do is insert it and boot up? Would I have to do anything else beforehand, or can I simply pop it in there and boot up? Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, YU
    Posts
    334
    "All you need is..." http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ
    Also, if I want to use Knoppix, would all I have to do is insert it and boot up?
    Setup your BIOS to start from CD (DVD) and boot from CD(DVD).........

Similar Threads

  1. Booting Question
    By a1tone in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 08:14 PM
  2. 1 question and problem with booting.
    By Sance in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 12:56 AM
  3. PXE Network Booting question
    By trellis in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 11:39 PM
  4. Newbie question about downloading
    By kiru9867 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 12:48 AM
  5. n00b question about booting :D
    By scottdavies2k in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 08:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$95.99



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections

$63.00



Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$169.99