Originally Posted by eon
This is some help. For testing rename /etc/ppp to /pppxxx and then copy /etc/ppp from knoppix DVD
To use kppp install kppp. The installation motor will know what it is needed, a lot of kde files I guess
Hi, I have been using knoppix for a few years now-although I no longer install it. I play around and multiboot a few distros-mostly FC4, Zen (which has sadly been discontinued ) and Slack ( which I'm using right now). Anyway I recently tried Foresight which is definately interesting, but the dial out stuff doesn't seem to work although users of foresight claim it has good ethernet and wireless support. But I'm on a dial up also foresight is gnome based as are all the distros I run ( I use dropline with slack )
I'm wondering can I copy over the ppp stuff from my live dvd of knoppix 4.0 plus use kppp?
Gnome doesn't have a good dialer or frontend for pppd. I know i can use wvdial but that doesn't set up correctly in foresight-and their web forum is sparsely used so not much help there either. Which files besides /etc/ppp would I need to cpoy to the foresight install and if I want kppp to work what exactly would I need to copy to get that working correctly?
Thanks a lot for any help provided!
Originally Posted by eon
This is some help. For testing rename /etc/ppp to /pppxxx and then copy /etc/ppp from knoppix DVD
To use kppp install kppp. The installation motor will know what it is needed, a lot of kde files I guess
That doesn't work there is more to it than just the files in /etc/ppp.Originally Posted by oscar
no much more...
try adsl-start adsl-setup adsl-status etc....
if this work then copying from knoppix will not easyly help because knoppix uses
pppoeconf pon poff commands to setup adsl connection, different from linuxes that uses adls-setup
I have phone dialup access to the internet-not dsl.Originally Posted by oscar
Of course, I forgot it, sorry

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core I3-540 SLBTD 3.067GHz CPU Processor LGA1156
$13.00
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99