-
Senior Member
registered user
Fixing PPP in another distro
Hi, I have been using knoppix for a few years now-although I no longer install it. I play around and multiboot a few distros-mostly FC4, Zen (which has sadly been discontinued ) and Slack ( which I'm using right now). Anyway I recently tried Foresight which is definately interesting, but the dial out stuff doesn't seem to work although users of foresight claim it has good ethernet and wireless support. But I'm on a dial up also foresight is gnome based as are all the distros I run ( I use dropline with slack )
I'm wondering can I copy over the ppp stuff from my live dvd of knoppix 4.0 plus use kppp?
Gnome doesn't have a good dialer or frontend for pppd. I know i can use wvdial but that doesn't set up correctly in foresight-and their web forum is sparsely used so not much help there either. Which files besides /etc/ppp would I need to cpoy to the foresight install and if I want kppp to work what exactly would I need to copy to get that working correctly?
Thanks a lot for any help provided!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Fixing PPP in another distro

Originally Posted by
eon
Thanks a lot for any help provided!
This is some help. For testing rename /etc/ppp to /pppxxx and then copy /etc/ppp from knoppix DVD
To use kppp install kppp. The installation motor will know what it is needed, a lot of kde files I guess
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Fixing PPP in another distro

Originally Posted by
oscar

Originally Posted by
eon
Thanks a lot for any help provided!
This is some help. For testing rename /etc/ppp to /pppxxx and then copy /etc/ppp from knoppix DVD
To use kppp install kppp. The installation motor will know what it is needed, a lot of kde files I guess
That doesn't work there is more to it than just the files in /etc/ppp.
-
Senior Member
registered user
no much more...
try adsl-start adsl-setup adsl-status etc....
if this work then copying from knoppix will not easyly help because knoppix uses
pppoeconf pon poff commands to setup adsl connection, different from linuxes that uses adls-setup
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
oscar
no much more...
try adsl-start adsl-setup adsl-status etc....
if this work then copying from knoppix will not easyly help because knoppix uses
pppoeconf pon poff commands to setup adsl connection, different from linuxes that uses adls-setup
I have phone dialup access to the internet-not dsl.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Of course, I forgot it, sorry
Similar Threads
-
By Markus in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2004, 10:36 AM
-
By ChivalricRonin in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 02:11 PM
-
By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By dbojan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
-
By todsr1 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-12-2003, 09:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco Catalyst C9300-48U-E 48-Port UPOE Network Switch
$650.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00