-
Senior Member
registered user
Fixing PPP in another distro
Hi, I have been using knoppix for a few years now-although I no longer install it. I play around and multiboot a few distros-mostly FC4, Zen (which has sadly been discontinued ) and Slack ( which I'm using right now). Anyway I recently tried Foresight which is definately interesting, but the dial out stuff doesn't seem to work although users of foresight claim it has good ethernet and wireless support. But I'm on a dial up also foresight is gnome based as are all the distros I run ( I use dropline with slack )
I'm wondering can I copy over the ppp stuff from my live dvd of knoppix 4.0 plus use kppp?
Gnome doesn't have a good dialer or frontend for pppd. I know i can use wvdial but that doesn't set up correctly in foresight-and their web forum is sparsely used so not much help there either. Which files besides /etc/ppp would I need to cpoy to the foresight install and if I want kppp to work what exactly would I need to copy to get that working correctly?
Thanks a lot for any help provided!
Similar Threads
-
By Markus in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2004, 10:36 AM
-
By ChivalricRonin in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 02:11 PM
-
By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By dbojan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
-
By todsr1 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-12-2003, 09:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99