-
I concur
Sorry for wanky language but that's the word: spot on. This post has covered everything I've been thinking about knoppix.
I'd also like to know the main differences between Knoppix/Debian.
Differences I've noticed but unsure how to fix/change:
- the CD drive is given a very high priority. Try coping a file from CD to somewhere, you'll find that X slows and nearly freezes.
To fix this may be something quite simple as re-nicing a task (nice is the priority of a task) .
But I think it's more than that, knopper has done some magic at a lower level, driver level even perhaps?
- the X GUI is a bit slow loading icons? due to memory organisation perhaps? (caching?)
- the pointer in X is such that the hot spot point (the part you aim with) doesn't seem to be aligned with the top of the arrow. It seems to be a bit lower than expected. I know this is certainly true if you try to move a window in KDE.
- on "apt-get update":
"Reading Package Lists... Error!
E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
E: Error occured while processing libxaw6-dbg (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/people.debian.org_%7ebranden_sid_i386_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened."
= surely a problem only I'm getting? Can't dist-upgrade atm
Similar Threads
-
By HitmanKB in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 16
Last Post: 01-26-2005, 05:15 PM
-
By witkey in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 06:22 AM
-
By copymaster in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 10:29 AM
-
By hthb in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 09:52 PM
-
By rafiks in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 06:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95