Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Festival text-to-speech download

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3

    Festival text-to-speech download

    Hi Klik Guys,

    I'm sure I installed the text-to-speech package called Festival from the Klik site about a month ago. But I cant find it again ?

    Has it been removed ? Does it need some maintenance ? How can I get it back on Klik ?

    I'm trying to prepare a PC with Kanotix Linux for my Daughter. She will need a screen reader like ReadPlease to help with dyslexic reading.
    http://www.readplease.com/

    Installing apps from Klik is so easy. Its a great service.

    Mit freundlichen Grussen aus Bonn,
    Best Regards,
    WWolfe

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    305
    You may find it in lost and found?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for the suggestion, lilsirecho. I'm trying to find it on klik.atekon.de/ to download again. Not on my PC

    What I meant to say is I loaded Festival on a Live-CD session, about a month ago. I have gone back to Klik several times to try to download it again, on Live sessions and now on a hardisk installation. But when I search on Klik.atekon.de/ it isn't available as a package to download anymore.

    How can we make it available on klik.atekon.de/ again ?

    W.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    What does klik://festival give you?

    Greetings,
    probono

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3

    Good lastnight, bad tonight :-(

    Hi probono,

    This is very strange. I saw your post lastnight, I started a Live-CD session and I clicked on klik://festival and it looked like it was going to download. I saw the first dialog box to confirm "you requested to download". But I didn't have time to fire up my hardisk installed PC and make the installation, so I quit at that point.

    Now I have some time, but there is a problem. When I put klik://festival in the location of Koqueror, or click on the link, I get an Error dialog box that says

    Error while trying to run festival


    Did you do something on the servers to restore this package yesterday ? Can I do anything to help ?

    regards, W.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Somehow we have a bug at the moment that affects most packages, it should hopefully be fixed soon.

    Greetings,
    probono

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    fixed :O)

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    8
    This morning at 11:00 AM CST, I was downloading some of the games just fine. Now the error occurs at 8:00 PM CST.

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Yes, we had the same error again. Fixed again, but looking for a permanent solution :O)

Similar Threads

  1. Text mode ADRIANE: how to get elinks to speak plain text?
    By Wollongong in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 01:05 PM
  2. text too large
    By phillip1882 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 02:27 AM
  3. Installing festival over windows XP
    By robertoda in forum Klik
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 07:26 AM
  4. CD V4.0.2 Odd audio or sound problem regarding speech
    By dennisdjensen in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2005, 12:29 PM
  5. how to print text
    By c0d3_z3r0 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$199.99



G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 64GB (4x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz F4-3200C16Q-32GTZN picture

G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 64GB (4x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz F4-3200C16Q-32GTZN

$149.99



Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM picture

Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM

$65000.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz picture

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz

$380.00