-
fread input/output error
I have succesfully run Knoppix on my desktop computer, I would also like to run it on my (old) laptop - IBM 380xd (p266 with 96mb RAM), I succesfully ran it a couple of times and it created a swapfile and config file on my hard disk which I was happy with.
I dont think I have done anything different but now when I boot from the knoppix CD it gets to detecting my mouse, seems to stop and then shows 'fread input/output error'.
Booting continues but crashes after detecting system settings on the splash screen, it then shows a blank screen with a mouse pointer (which works) and I have to reboot.
I thought it was a problem with the config file or swapfile but I have deleted those and still get the same error.
Can anyone help?
TIA Mike
Similar Threads
-
By cobra1122 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-03-2005, 08:17 PM
-
By downdogWoof in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 05:27 AM
-
By dark_mage in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 01:29 AM
-
By apoth in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 01:06 AM
-
By Penumbral in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 07:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50