Hi folks,

I'd like to start a little thread to get comments/suggestions as to what could be done to improve the Knoppix HD install situation.

In my mind there are a few things that I really ought to be done to improve the HD install.

Here's my list.

1. Partition icons that were detected from the cd should be left on the desktop. This doesn't seem like it would be a really hard thing to do. Perpahs rw and mount permissions could be given to users as well.

2. Knoppix needs to be able to create other users. Most people who have installed Knoppix to the hd have seen that things get messy when you try to add new users. Stephen recently wrote a howto here that deals with the issue nicely. But it would be good to it dealt with automatically at the time of install.

These are two small ways that I think that the Knoppix install could be improved. Other ideas?